CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

May 4, 2010

**Retro Bakery...My Own Personal Heaven**

For the last year and a half I have LONGED to go to Retro Bakery in Vegas. I have been to Vegas many times in the last year but could NEVER seen to make it! I was VERY determined to try them after drooling over their site and ALL their amazing sounding flavors! Check em out here! 

I was unable to get there before closing so I sent Matt, Grandpa and the kids. I was super sad to not get to go and see it myself, especially when Matt told me the owner, Kari came out to meet them! Then Matt told me they were out of all the kinds of cupcakes I really wanted. Sad for me...but then they made a few just for me! I ended up getting milk and cookies, salted caramel crunch and hop scotch (this was the one they made just for me cuz I was dying to try it)
K I just gotta tell you all about these babies!
This is milk & cookies: Chocolate-chip cake topped with vanilla buttercream and a freshly baked chocolate-chip cookie
Next was Salted Caramel Crunch
Chocolate cake topped with caramel buttercream sprinkled with sea salt and topped with a chocolate covered pretzel
Lastly Hop Scotch:
Vanilla cake topped with vanilla buttercream dipped in butterscotch ganache
I could hardly wait to bite into these cupcakes! Oh my goodness if I could hop in a time machine I would go back to this moment asap! I can't pick a favorite...they were all beyond good! Oh if I could make a cupcake this good I would weigh 300 pounds!
Every bite was better than the last! Hop scotch was coated in ganache and it melted my heart!
I love you Retro Bakery! I love cupcakes more than I dare say for so many reasons but you solidified my passion for yummy! I would eat myself sick if I lived closer haha!
Kari, Brian....if you ever branch out to Utah I will be your first customer!!!

_ _ _ _ _

I LOVE RETRO BAKERY!!!!

1 comment:

Retro Bakery in Las Vegas said...

WOW! love the biting pics!!!
Thank you so much for your post. I am SO glad you got to taste our cupcakes! It only takes one bite...

Kari