CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

May 26, 2010

Just A Little Different


So even though Matt and I have been married quite a while now, there are still moments when we have to realize that there was a time when we were not together. During that time, we ran our lives very different.
- - - - -

Every now and then we have a moment when this fact becomes oh so apparent
- - - - -
Like yesterday for example...haha
- - - - -
Matt and I were standing in the kitchen and talking about what we should have for dinner. Matt opened the fridge and the most offensive smell oozed out and lingered a good two minutes after.
I HAVE NO IDEA what in the world it was.
- - - - -
I gagged and acted like I was going to pass out, while Matt just stood there unoffended by the hidious scent
- - - - -
I immediately got out my to do list and in huge letters with stars on either side wrote:
*****CLEAN FRIDGE*****
- - - - -
You see, when I was growing up, my Mom took a lot of pride in a clean house. I learned to ever appreciate the joy that vacuum lines can bring, the happy scent of Lysol and to be overly offended by dust. My Mom loves a clean house, and although I have taken it to an unhealthy obsession practically, I learned to love to be clean from my Mom.
- - - - -
Matt's response to the situation was a bit different. He DID NOT get out his To Do List. He simply suggested that I put a box of baking soda in the fridge.
- - - - -
In his mind, THE PROBLEM WAS TOTALLY SOLVED
- - - - -
I gotta be honest, baking soda NEVER ONCE crossed my mind. Nope. Not once
- - - - -
You see I was raised to be a clean freak. Matt....well he was NOT. Not at all. No joke here
- - - - -
I seriously just sat back and laughed at the different reactions we had. A big deal, NO. But just funny that he and I have been together so long and still can handle things in such different ways.
- - - -
I love my husband with all my heart. He is my favorite person in the world hands down! He is the polar opposite of me in so many ways, and yet somehow, we couldn't be happier. He is relaxed when I am ... well not so relaxed. He is perfect for me and I love a chance to laugh at how great he really fits me
- - - - -
Maybe someday the smell of Lysol will bring a smile to his face.
- - - -
Well, ya never know...maybe in another 20 years

Photobucket

1 comment:

TheAdamBarlowFamily said...

My husband is the same way as you. When we first got married, he would clean the bathroom again after me to make sure it was REALLY clean. His mom was very clean too. I love my mom! She did a good job raising us, but you're right, clean house was not high on her priority list. My husband is training me to be better.