CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve!

I just wanted to take a minute and squeeze in a post about how much I love my kids and their excitement of Christmas. This morning we decorated cookies for Santa and had lots of fun. In between all the cooking and preparations for the party at our home tonight, we have tried to have lots of family fun. We did cookies, delivered a few gifts and even squeezed in a game of Candy Land. I love my children so much and love to have the time to enjoy these sweet moments.







I am so grateful for all the blessings our Heavenly Father has given me. I have such a strong testimony of the Savior and this wonderful time of year. I love the opportunities that we have frequently at dinner time to discuss that although we are excited about the giving and getting part of the season, that the true meaning is the birth of Jesus Christ. We read a story last night called God Bless Your Way about a man who was walking to Bethlehem behind Mary and Joseph. It is a very humbling thought to imagine being in labor on a donkey, riding for days only to find that the place you will be delivering your new baby is in a stable. I have always been in awe of Mary as I have thought of her and the situation she went through. Even more humbling was knowing that she was somewhere between 12 and 14 years old. WOW!! I am so grateful for the knowledge of the gospel and the opportunity I have here on earth to enjoy its great blessings. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas full of all the joys Christmas can bring!

No comments: